Friday, October 5, 2007

very rough...suggestions welcome

Sparrows

Too many sparrows falling nowadays

Am I a sparrow compared to Iraq?

“He sees the sparrow fall” but what does that mean?

Some database in the sky records yet another fluttering fall?

Spiraling thump

Sprawl

Rumpled, scattered feathers

“6,972 today”…

Am I really falling or do I just think I am?

Does a fallen sparrow ever get up?

What does it take to give a falling sparrow the wings of eagles?

Do sparrows eat mustard seeds?

Do they stay sparrows?

Am I afraid to be a sparrow?

3 comments:

Barry Howe said...

I sure like the thoughts, which are good enough to qualify overall meritoriousness (sp?) You're the one to judge the poetic merit though.

Paul said...

how do I get a word in?

Don said...

Paul,
I have to send you an invitation, or Barry does. I don't think he knows he has administrative privileges, though. I'm getting Jon to send me your address, as I don't have it. Hope you see this...